Getting your ID Card
Getting a new identification card can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the process for getting an ID card for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Get Started" below to begin.
New York ID Cards
New York residents can obtain an ID card at any age, but there are certain restrictions if you are under 16. For the most part, you will just need a parent or guardian to accompany you and sign a consent form for you to get a New York ID card. To get a New York ID card, read below to find out the requirements you must meet.
- Visit your local DMV
- Complete form MV-44 ahead of time to make things simpler: http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv44.pdf
- Show proof of identification
- Show proof of your birth date
- Show proof of citizenship
- Show proof of Social Security Number
- Four-year card - $9 to $10
- Eight-year card - $13 to $14
- Ten-year card - $6.50 (No fee if you are over the age of 61)
- Fees can only be paid by check, money order or cash
New York also offers various options for renewal of your ID card. You can renew your New York ID card online, by mail or in person. You will need to do so when you receive your renewal notice in the mail. This will typically happen about 45 to 60 days before your New York ID card is set to expire.