Getting your New Driver License
Getting a new license can be a hassle, but before you head out to your local DMV, make sure you are well-prepared! Our staff has researched the driver's license process for every state, so all the information you need is right here at your fingertips. Click "Get Started" below to begin.
New driver's in New York
How to get a new driver's license in New York
The state of New York has some basic requirements you need to meet before you'll be issued an New York driver's license. While some states have some hoops you need to jump through, New York's driver's license application process isn't too complicated. All you have to do is follow the steps included below. You'll also want to get your hands a copy of the New York driver's manual, as it contains all the info you need to take and pass your written exam.
Basic Requirements to apply for a New Jersey driver's license:
- You must be 16 years or older.
- If you are younger than 18 you must have parental consent and have them sign the form number MV-44.
- Everyone must pass the vision, written, and driving tests.
- You must be able to provide six points of acceptable proof of identification.
- You must provide a Social Security card.